PTA MEETINGS, 2014-2015
Don’t miss the final PTA Meeting on May 19th at 3:30PM in the BWE Library. We will install the 2015-16 officers, vote on next year's PTA budget, and announce the PTA Life Member Award recipients.
Congratulations to the new 2015 - 2016 PTA Officers:
President - Lea Bodie
1st VP - Denise Bourbeau
2nd VP - Cindy Drnevich
Secretary - Brenda Collura
Treasurer - Joyce Herrmann
Lunchbox Parent Program
Monday, April 13th
Encourage Your Child to Think!
Thinking is the key to learning. If a child learns to think at an early age, school will become easier and more exciting. Thinking is also the key to self-directed learning. Come and learn how to encourage thinking skills and metacognition in your child. This is open for all parents at Brookwood.
Bring a lunch, questions and a friend!
BOX TOPS COLLECTION COMING TO A CLOSE
The Box Tops for Education contest will end May 1, 2015. To help your class win, please bring your unexpired and neatly trimmed Box Tops to school in a Ziploc bag marked with your teacher’s name. Thanks you for supporting PTA in this effort. Jayme Sanchez, Corporate Sponsorship Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Friday, April 10th is designated as Librarians Day. Mrs. Peeples has served children for 30 years.
- Administrative Assistants day (formerly known as secretaries’ day) is April 22nd. Our front office staff works hard to make sure your school needs are met when you enter the building.
- May 4-8th is Teacher Appreciation Week
- Next round of STAAR April 20th-22nd. Visitors are not allowed on campus.
- Kindergarten round up on May 4th, 9-11 and 12:30-3:30.
- See calendar below for more important dates!
Please order your Yearbook at www.jostens.com! The price is $32, and we have a limited supply. So, don’t wait too long! More details are available at brookwoodpta.com. If you have pictures you'd like to submit, please go to replayit.com.
5TH GRADE POOL PARTY AND SLIDE SHOW
POOL PARTY: The 5th grade pool party is scheduled for Thursday, May 21st. The rain date is May 29th. We are currently collecting cash donations ($5-10 per student) to help cover the cost of the event. Please put donations in an envelope marked "Pool Party" and return to your homeroom teacher by April 22.
SLIDE SHOW: Each year a slide show is created to commemorate the elementary school years of the 5th graders. Please send up to 5 pictures for the slide show.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind when choosing pictures:
- Limit is 5 pictures
- Pictures should be of school related activities such as field trips, class parties, carnival, field day, class activities, robotics, chess club, fun run, student council, etc.
- Group shots are better than individual
Send pictures to email@example.com.
Please include your child's full name along with pictures in the email. Deadline for pictures: April 22, 2015
NOTE: Please help out the person creating the slide show by turning in your pictures soon. Please do NOT wait until the last minute!
In addition to our paper recycling, Brookwood Elementary is now recycling cans, plastics and cardboard.
Thanks to Girl Scout Troop 7318 for providing the school with posters, a PowerPoint presentation, and a promotional video to kick off this new recycling program.
There are blue recycling containers in several locations around the school including the cafeteria. Please do not put glass products or garbage in these containers.
Thanks for helping to make our school green!
Laura MacLean, Environmental Chair